Our Facade Engineering team provides information that enables early decision-making, significantly impacting the facade construction and long-term maintenance costs. Achieving your desired architectural intent can be challenging for a number of reasons: structural limitations, sustainability goals, energy code requirements and budget considerations are just a few.
We work with you to establish façade performance criteria using:
- Parametric energy studies
- Heat, air and moisture modeling
- 3D component modeling for thermal bridging and condensation resistance
- Orientation and massing modeling
- New and innovative material evaluations
- Daylighting analysis
- LEED credit determination
- Life cycle cost assessments
Because they are performance-oriented, these cost-effective, practical strategies are developed early in the project schedule and are fine-tuned throughout the design and construction stages of the project.