Our employees set us apart.
Grow your career in an inclusive and inspiring environment
For 75+ years, our people have been the leading force behind our continuous growth.
Flexible and Collaborative Environment
Our office spaces are designed to encourage collaboration and increase connections between staff. Flexible work arrangements provide employees with increased options regarding work location and work hours, where appropriate.
Enhanced Health and Wellness Program
Enjoy perks like gym memberships, exercise classes, and other resources to help you maintain a balance and stay healthy.
Fun, Friendly Atmosphere
Take part in a variety of events, in-person and virtually, including photo contests, office cook-offs, our annual wellness challenge, and numerous other team-building activities.
Employees and eligible family members are provided with quality benefits such as health and dental care, vacation and other time off benefits, retirement plan, and employee assistance programs.
Morrison Hershfield is 100 percent employee owned, and we plan to stay that way. Over one third of our staff are currently shareholders and we plan to grow this to half of our staff by 2025. Own your future.
A Diverse, Equitable and Inclusive Culture
Our Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Council, made up of staff volunteers, recommends how to further embed diversity and inclusion into our culture and assists the Advisory Council’s co-chairs in executing Morrison Hershfield’s D&I strategy. We also host events, panel discussions and provide training on a variety of topics.
Our Ambassador Program partners new employees with experienced colleagues to build peer-to-peer relationships and ease the burden of transition.
Recognition for Quality Work
Staff can give and get feedback any time through our talent management system. Our annual Carson Awards of Excellence celebrate staff who strive to achieve excellence through their work, client service, innovation and elegant engineering solutions.
Personal and Professional Development
Invest in your career with opportunities to grow professionally and personally through a variety of forums that support different learning goals. Advance your technical development, project management, leadership and other skills.
Grow your career in multiple areas of the organization, including technical work, project management, leadership and business development.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Leave a lasting positive impact on your community through project work and community involvement. We report annually on CSR activities regarding our people, culture, capabilities and practices.
Our Values and Culture
Are you a client-focused individual with high expectations? We’re always looking for people who share our core values and seek a balanced, supportive and intellectually challenging work environment. We welcome problem solvers, pioneers and professionals who set the bar high, seek growth and want to make a difference. Do you have what it takes?
Engaged in corporate social responsibility
In our communities
- Matching donation programs providing humanitarian aid and natural disaster relief.
- Volunteer response to disaster events.
- Involvement with Habitat for Humanity chapters.
- In-house fundraising campaigns for various charitable organizations.
- Employee participation in fundraising events for a wide variety of worthwhile causes.
In our projects
- Our project teams have the knowledge and vision needed to meet our stakeholders’ rising demands for high-performing buildings and infrastructure. We design green transportation plans and networks, zero carbon buildings, renewable energy systems, efficient waste management systems, and regional sustainability plans. Our ultimate goal is to create sustainable, resilient designs that meet our clients’ expectations and mitigate their environmental and social impacts.
In our workplace
- Carbon footprinting and advancing towards a carbon neutral state.
- Detailed green construction and renovation standards for office renovations and relocations.
- Day-to-day green office practices.
- Move towards “paperless” offices.
- FIDIC Climate Change Charter signatory.
In our profession
- Active participation at all levels in professional and technical associations.
- Education outreach programs such as post-secondary education partnerships, STEM education, scholarships, internships.
- Support for National Engineering Week and National Engineering Month events.
- Work with local schools on their natural science curriculum and annual plantings.
- Host technical webinars and maintain an on-demand webinar library to share best practices and lessons learned.
- Employer Champion, partnering with Professional Engineers Ontario in its mandate to improve female representation within the engineering profession.
Join our team!
We are currently looking for client-focused team members.