- This event has passed.
SeaBEC: Energy and Thermal Bridging
November 15, 2018 at 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm UTC-5
Medgar Marceau and Alex Blue are teaming up to present Energy and Thermal Bridging at this month’s SeaBEC meeting. The session will take place on November 15 at 5 p.m, at the offices of MG2 in downtown Seattle.
Thermal bridging and its impact on whole building energy performance are coming into the spotlight. High performance buildings like Passive House or Net Zero, and the new energy code updates that came into effect in 2018, are driving more projects to consider the Target Performance path with its prescribed EUI target and monitoring requirements.
This presentation will cover:
- Thermal Bridging
- The latest research and resources.
- How and where thermal bridges occur, what they are and how can they be mitigated.
- Impacts on overall building energy use, including a case study using the highly visual energy performance mapping tool.
- Parametric Energy Modeling
- Making energy decisions on projects using parametric energy modeling.
- Using our energy performance mapping tool to evaluate whole building energy performance.
- 3D modeling
- Thermal Bridging Guide
- Low TEDI guide for large buildings (think Passive House or Net Zero Ready).