- This event has passed.
BC Housing Education Seminars: Building Smart with Airtightness Testing – Part One, The Essentials
June 26, 2018 at 9:00 am - 12:00 pm UTC-5
BC Housing is offering a three-hour seminar that will focus on airtightness testing of buildings.
This half-day seminar will address the necessity of proper airtightness testing in order to achieve continuous air barriers that have the integrity to adequately meet code requirements.
Of interest to builders, developers, designers, energy advisors and building officials, it will cover:
- Quick review of Part 9 requirements and practice
- Overview of Part 3 requirements
- Designing the building for airtightness testing
- Defining airtightness test phases and boundaries
- Mid-construction qualitative testing
- Timing and conditions for quantitative airtightness testing
- Preparing for phased airtightness testing
- Preparing for whole building airtightness testing
- Quantitative airtightness testing procedures
- Recommissioning after airtightness testing
This seminar was created and will be jointly presented by representatives of Morrison Hershfield, E3 Eco Group and RDH Building Science.
It will take place on June 26 at 9:00 AM. Register here.
Unable to make it in person? This seminar will also be available via webinar. Register for the online webinar here.