We are invested in your success
We help you win projects by providing Operations & Maintenance advisory services in support of your bid during project pursuit phases (RFQ, RFP). (Edmonton, AB)
Expert capabilities at your doorstep
We provide critical assistance to your team in the time-sensitive mobilization phase of your P3 project with the production of non-design deliverables such as the concept of operation, rulebooks and standards operating procedures. (Toronto, ON)
Innovative Solutions that save you time and costs
We conduct thorough reviews during your planning phase in order to provide expert recommendations and validate planning assumptions that mitigate both time and associated costs. (Hamilton, ON)
Increase Efficiency and Longevity of Transit Infrastructure Assets
Recent major weather events attributed to climate change, aging assets, technological advancements, and competing financial and operational priorities have heightened the need for many transit agencies to harden their assets. Safety concerns have also caused regulators to mandate that transit agencies develop and implement system safety management plans. Transit agencies are seeking means to ensure internal efficiencies are maximized for their operations.
Understanding these challenges, we provide our clients with a critical, experience-based perspective to reliably operating, maintaining and rehabilitating the new and existing transit systems that are vital to our communities.
Our team of Operation and Maintenance Advisory Specialists explore reliable and innovative solutions that promote safety, quality and sustainability, reduce operating costs in the long-term and maximize internal efficiencies of operations. We provide our clients with valuable insights into the needs, requirements, and principle operating issues relevant to successful transit systems and facilities. This enhances our ability to deliver high quality, constructible solutions – with a sharp focus on operations and maintenance issues from your viewpoint.
Our Operations & Maintenance Advisory Service Types:
- Policy Development & Review
- Planning & Design Reviews
- Constructability Reviews
- Operations/ Service Effectiveness Reviews
- Organization Design & Review
- Value for Money Assessment
- Risk Assessment & Due Diligence
- Emergency Management/ Response Assessment
- Program/ Project Management
- Operating/ Capital Budget Support
- Safety Management Systems Design/ Review
- State of Good Repair Programs (Asset Management)
We have provided Operations & Maintenance Advisory Services for the following projects:
- “A Line & B Line” LRTs, City of Hamilton, Hamilton, ON
- Lead Transit Advisor for review and validation of planning assumptions specifically related to the planned lines, sizing and location of the Maintenance & Storage Facility.
- Eglinton Crosstown LRT, Metrolinx, Toronto, ON
- Lead Transit Maintenance & Rehabilitation Advisor for expert, strategic advice to the bid team on a wide range of asset management related matters, including value engineering assessments PSOS for systems/way maintenance practices and equipment, labour relations, regulatory compliance and costing and scheduling.
- Edmonton Valley Line LRT, City of Edmonton, Edmonton, AB
- Lead Transit Operations & Maintenance Advisor for the TransED project team providing strategic advice to bid team on “O&M” matters, including PSOS review of alignment, operations planning, service scheduling, systems/way maintenance practices and equipment, regulatory compliance and costing.
Contact Our Team
Read the Latest From Our Blog on Transit
The Ottawa Confederation Line LRT (Stage 1) won a 2020 Engineering Excellence Diamond Award from the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) New York. The project will also represent the ACEC of New York in.. Read More »
Morrison Hershfield is excited to announce the addition of Jacqueline Darwood, B.A., PM., to our Transit team as a Senior Transit Consultant - Transit Planning... Read More »
The Consulting Engineers of Alberta (CEA) recently hosted its 23 rd annual Showcase Awards Gala where 11 Awards of Excellence and 11 Awards of Merit were announced, recognizing the best of the best in.. Read More »