Morrison Hershfield is a place for outstanding talent to establish a wonderful work/life balance while contributing to important projects and activities that shape our communities. The firm and its people are dedicated to raising public awareness of the importance of engineering and technology. Our commitment to the engineering profession and the development of its future excellence is clear.
Morrison Hershfield is making a difference. Social responsibility is a long held value in the engineering profession. Our staff contributes to the quality of life in the communities in which they live and work by volunteering their time and expertise to a wide variety of both professional and other community-based organizations. We value the distinct culture that we’ve created within our firm, and believe that it makes us unique and attractive to current and future generations of professionals; particularly, to those who share our core values and who seek a balanced, supportive & intellectually challenging work environment.
Specific ways in which Morrison Hershfield is engaged in corporate social responsibility include:
In our COMMUNITIES:
- Matching donation programs providing humanitarian aid and natural disaster relief
- Volunteer response to disaster events
- Involvement with Habitat for Humanity chapters
- In-house fundraising campaigns for various charitable organizations
- Employee participation in fundraising events for a wide variety of worthwhile causes
- Earth Hour and Earth Day events
In our PROJECTS:
- Our projects are wide-ranging, making an impact on personal, community, national and global levels: endangered species preservation, Healthcare infrastructure, Green buildings, energy saving initiatives, innovative waste management technologies, providing access to clean water, sustainable transportation, biofuel research, improving Internet access for communities and more.
In our WORKPLACE:
- Carbon footprinting and advancing towards a carbon neutral state
- Detailed green construction and renovation standards for office renovations and relocations
- Day-to-day green office practices
- Move towards “paperless” offices
In our PROFESSION:
- Active participation at all levels in professional and technical associations
- Engineering outreach programs such as bridge building competitions for students
- Support for National Engineering Week and National Engineering Month events
- Work with local schools on their natural science curriculum and annual plantings